Sunday, 26 February 2017

The Edge of Seventeen



Hi guys, wassup? How y’all doing?? Ok I just watched a movie titled The Edge of Seventeen (nice movie by the way) and at first I was getting kinda attached and invested in the movie, relating with it and understanding what Nadine was going through, precisely what I’ve seen numerous girls go through and I myself had experienced but then I thought to myself; “what a crappy movie!!!!!” At a point where she feels she’s the old one and everyone else is behaving childish and life is cruel on her like she’s meant to be the center of attraction or something. When she breaks up her long time relationship with her best friend of how over 12 years because of something so little as dating her brother (whom she “hates” by the way) (so absurd) and then avoids them both, and blames her brother for taking her best friend away (I mean, what??), and constantly trying to cause problems for herself by inviting and entertaining suggestions from her close to deluded mind. I went from feeling bad, to feeling depressed, to feeling like she’s just insane, to the realization that every teenager, or more or less 97% of teenagers all over the world feel the same way and funny enough it’s like a rite of passage to feel that way, and then realize that it’s all in your head like common!!!!!!! That’s just selfish and sad and once you really think about it, I mean really think about it, it’s actually quite depressing!!!! Like no one still feels that way anymore get over yourself.
But if you look deeper into the movie, you’ll find that this story was carefully spun and told in a very delicate and intricate way that every human being can relate to, and it also teaches a very valuable lesson and gives meaningful advice. Most teenagers just want someone who they can talk to about these things, someone who is ready to listen and advise them on what is wrong and right and if we ever encounter such people, instead of putting them off try and reason with them; just like Mr. Bruner did with Nadine.
This goes out to all brothers, sisters, uncles, fathers, mothers and any relative whatsoever whose son or daughter or niece or nephew is in this phase. That’s just what it is; a phase so instead of chastising or complaining try to solve the issue, before it becomes too late or results into something both you and the teenager will regret for the rest of your life cause in the case of Nadine it was just the issue of feeling alone, not having friends, feeling old; basically insecurity. It might not be so in your case. Be warned.
Big ups to Melissa Kostenbauder and Zabrina Matiru for the amazing casting, the producers (both executive, co and normal): James L Brooks, Richard Sakai, Julie Ansell, Brendan Ferguson, Pete Corral, Cathy Schulman, Wang Zhunjun, Wang Zhonglei, Jerry Ye, Donald Tang, Robert Simonds, Adam Fogelson, Oren Aviv, Amy Brooks, James Bitonti. The characters were amazing. (you know I wish I know who wrote the script its just so intricate and seems so personal). Hailee Steinfeld is a blessing to mankind. Her acting skills are just incredible and I love her so much for it. Wow, now I’m going to sleep. Oh and guys don’t forget to check out my YouTube for awesome dance videos. Good night y’all. Fhezzii out. And remember, LIFE IS EZZII

No comments:

Post a Comment